M.Sc. Biotechnology is a two-year degree programme based on Choice Based Credit System (CBCS). The CBCS provides an opportunity for the students to choose courses from the prescribed courses comprising core, elective or skill based courses. The curriculum of M.Sc. Biotechnology is based on UGC recommended syllabus offering Generic electives, Skill enhancement courses, Discipline centric courses in addition to core courses.
This meticulously structured programme offers a strong interdisciplinary base in basic science streams like Biological, Chemical, and Physical Sciences and educate students to apply technological solutions in the area of modern biotechnological applications.
This program offers a strong foundation in interdisciplinary subjects and prepare the students with an analytical mindset for employment opportunities in industry as well as for research programmes.
Our graduates will become much sought after biotechnology resource and offer device professionally, personally and socially. They will demonstrate:
- Understanding of biotechnology related research and Industrial applications.
- Expertise in interpreting complex data related to biotechnology problems and challenges.
- Expertise in knowledge needed to solve current and emerging technologies.
- Understanding related to questions they need to ask and in-depth research they need to conduct.
- Expertise in communicating issues related to biotechnology to a wide audience.
- High level of autonomy in the way they function.
- Expertise in solving complex social and ethical problems confronting the industry and the government.
No. of Seats: 20 seats
Qualifying Exam: Refer to Eligibility for Admission
Mode of Admission:Merit Based
Eligibility for Admission:
- Candidates who have appeared for the final semester of qualifying examination can also apply. In such case, the candidates are required to submit the results as soon as they are available through E-mail (scanned image).
- 20% of the total seats for any M Sc programmes will be filled in by the students who have passed B. Sc. in relevant branch from GSFC University.
- Intake percentage for students outside GSFC University: 80% of the sanctioned intake will be filled in by inviting application on All India basis, including the students from GSFC University. The admissions will be offered based on the merit list and test, if required.
- Out of 20 seats in Biotechnology, 4 seats would be reserved for GSFCU students.
- Reserved seats remaining vacant after last date of application submission in any category shall be converted to open category seats, after due verification of all the necessary documents for admission.
- The registration fee for submitting online application form is Rs. 500/- (Rupees Five Hundred Only), which is to be paid online.
- Merit for admission will be based on the Entrance Examination (Written Test) as conducted by GSFC University.
- Personal Interview shall be held of the candidates for securing the admission.