School of Science, GSFC University offers its Ph.D. under the guidelines prescribed by the University Grants Commission (UGC). The structure of the program is designed to produce students with rigorous research and analytical skills, who are exceptionally well – equipped to go onto Postdoctoral research, or employment in industry and the public service.
Ph.D Program provides
A period of sustained in – depth study of a specific topic
An environment that encourages the student’s originality and creativity in their research
Skills to enable the student to critically examine the background literature relevant to their specific research area
The opportunity to develop skills in making and testing hypotheses, in developing new theories, and in planning and conducting experiments developing practical research skills and learn new state of the art techniques used in modern research
The opportunity to expand the student’s knowledge of their research area, including its theoretical foundations and the specific techniques used to study it.
The opportunity to contribute to society broader through cutting edge research.
An environment to develop skills in written work, oral presentation and publishing the results of their research in scientific journals with high impact factor, through constructive feedback.
The opportunity to evolve solution to local problems through ground breaking research.
The Ph.D. Program at School of Science, GSFC University will be segmented into five stages over a period of three years (three and half years of Part Time), each with a distinct milestone to monitor student’s progress and pursue their research at the best pace to complete their degree requirements in stipulated time. The five stages are:
- Course Work
- Research Proposal Registration
- Research Work
- Submission of Research Work
- Research Work Defense
No. of Seats: 04 seats
Qualifying Exam: Refer to Eligibility for Admission
Mode of Admission: Merit Based
Eligibility for Admission:
- M.Sc. / M.Phil. (in Chemistry in regular mode only) with a minimum of 55% aggregate considered for provisional admission to the Ph.D. Program.
- The registration fee for submitting online application form is Rs. 500/- (Rupees Five Hundred Only), which is to be paid online.
- Candidates who intend to take admission for Ph.D. have to apply in a prescribed format through GSFC University’s admission department. On the receipt of applications an entrance test will be conducted for the eligible candidates irrespective of number of applications received, which will be followed by an interview by a Doctoral Committee of the GSFC University.
- Scientists / Professionals with a minimum 5 Years of experience and at least one publication in referred journal OR with a minimum 10 years of experience working in Government of India / State Government / Corporate Bodies / Laboratories may directly appear for interview subject to fulfilling minimum eligibility criteria.